Wednesday 26 December 2012

Nursing in Action, Baby!



Nursing in Action, Baby!
We asked the question “Give us your best advice on nursing in an Action Baby Carrier”. Here is some fantastic mom advice!

**Please remember to always make sure your baby has a clear airway. Happy nursing!**

Natasha says: This is the only carrier that I have successfully nursed in! I just loosen the shoulder straps, bounce him down and loosely clip the hood up for privacy. If need be I loosen/move the waist band to my hips. If you layer shirts privacy shouldn’t be an issue- just pull up the outer layer and pull down the inner layer. Another reason I love ABC!

Jessica says: Loosen the waistband and drop it a few inches down and let the shoulder straps out a bit. Try at home a few times and use a mirror before you head out if you’re the shy type.

Beth says: I second what Jessica said. when you loosen the waistband and drop it down a bit, sort of give a slight bounce to settle the baby down a bit deeper and more level to your breast.

Christina says: I also do the settle bounce. And to help me feel comfortable I use a receiving blanket over his head and cover the side. It also helps protect him from the sun.

Kristin says: Wear a nursing tank and a shirt over. You can lift your shirt without lifting the tank and are covered. Once baby is settled on the breast (I just shift him over as needed) put the hood up to help keeo baby from being distracted. I’ve heard of people rolling a wash cloth under their breast to keep it at the right level for baby.
Oh and don’t be surprised if you get ‘is he sleeping?’ from people. I always smile and say ‘nope, nursing!’

Tiffany says: I leave the waist band tight and loosen the shoulder straps do the bounce and put the hood up to keep covered!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...